When The Wind Blows - Part 1

Well the weather on BBC & Metcheck had stated that the wind would be getting up a bit...and for once they weren't wrong by 7pm a gust of 92 miles per hour had been recorded and by the end of the night a gust of 105 miles per hour was recorded at St. Martins on the Isles of Scilly. Frightening! That's hurricane level same as the storm of 1987.

I decided to "try" and take a walk around the grounds to see what was happening, as soon as I put my wellies on and picked up the flashlight I heard a huge crash and boards had begun to be blown off the scaffolding that I had only just completed this weekend.

The wind was howling through the trees, and I thought to myself this is a worse storm than before Christmas. this was the biggie! I wish I had recorded some video of it as it was truly scary. 

A colleague and friend of mine from work, Harold, was visiting Plymouth and decided he would venture in to another country to see what the final frontier looked like! we had decided to go to Lewannick for some ham, Egg and Chips and a couple of pints of real ale, only to find when we got there that the chef had not turned in for the day due to the weather and the pub was only serving beer and crisps. so we popped over to Plusha for a Subway, I think we were the only customers that night, not a single car or Lorry was on the A30!

To top it all off my pump in the french drain has decided to quit working, I think it may not be able to handle the solids, so my task tonight is to strip that down and give it a quick service. if not the water will be lapping at the window sills by tonight.

On checking the weather it looks like Friday could be even worse! Bring it on!

Steve 

Comments

Popular Posts