Morning sunrise from my office window

My office has been set up in the smallest of the bedrooms, which is positioned at the top of the grand staircase.  It's the window above the front door when you look at the front of the house. 

My view out of the window this morning is like a painting. 

The bottom half of the painting is all  black.  Running horizontally along the middle of the painting is a line of black silhouettes of winter bare trees, I can see the empty branches fanning out.

Beyond that is the large gently sloping Kit Hill (CornishBre Skowl) at 334 metres high, on top of which is the ornate mine chimney. 

The sky is slightly beige just above the tree line with some streaks of bright pink. The sky above that is pale blue, and as I work my way to the top of the picture the blue gets darker and richer in colour. 

Two dark grey big fluffy looking clouds are on the left hand side,  they are very slowly moving across to the right, I think its going to be a bright sunny day today.

It's good to live in the country!

x
Jo

Comments

Popular Posts