Thunderbolts and lightning very very frightening....

Thunderbolts and lightning, very very frightening
 Galileo,  Galileo,  Galileo, Figaro  Magnifico-o-o-o-o-o

That was the first sounds I heard when I woke up this morning. Mum, in the bathroom,  singing Queens Bohemian Rhapsody out of tune...............

Apparently she hadn't had a very good night sleep in the corner bedroom.  The cat who was sleeping on top of a suitcase on top of the wardrobe had launched himself the full 7 feet off the top of it  and bounced onto her bed at 3am in the morning.    She of course had been shocked awake and was then sat bolt upright in her bed for the next 2 hours she said, listening to the wind and the slates falling off the roof.  Convinced that the entire roof was about to blow off and she would be sitting in bed, in her nightie, in the rain.  Upon doing 'roof watch' when it was daylight, I couldn't see any fallen or slipped slates on the roof above her bedroom, so I rather think her imagination was running wild. I think she was glad to get back on the bus this morning, back to civilisation and her safe semi detached bungalow.

By 8am, we had the most wicked storm.  At first I thought our electricity was about to blow out, as I'm sure the lights were flickering...then there was an almighty rumble, which went on and on and on.  Oh my god..I thought...the roof is falling off...she wasn't imagining it after all.  Then the whole bedroom lit up with the most magnificent bright light, and I saw the flash of lightning split the sky.  Being so high up, and with a completely open view across the surrounding country side we had front row seats to a terrific display.  

Driving to work this morning, the road was covered in white from the massive hail stones completely covering the roads.

Its been on and off like this all day.  Torrential downpours,  hail storms,  then sunshine and rainbows.

When I got home from work, I checked the drip buckets, but there was no significant findings.

more scaf'lin arriving tomorrow.
battens and felt arriving next week
work men arriving on Monday
re roof will start soon :)

Jo

Comments

Popular Posts